Photo Credit by Richard
I don't know about you, but this has been a trying couple of months. Makes you want to dive into a red velvet seat and sit there and forget it all. I want to be surrounded by orchestra sounds and singing bigger than anything in our hearts. Here is our list of shows we just want to live in for awhile...until things get a little better.
10. The Flying Dutchman at HOT. Jay Hunter Morris. Need we say more?
9. Two Women (LA CIOCIARA), this world premiere commission by San Francisco Opera looks sexy and seductive.
8. Hercules Vs. Vampires this is a something to behold. As the film is being shown on the big screen, the lines of the cult film classic will be sung by a cast of singers from the Domingo-Colburn-Stein Young Artist Program, accompanied by a 26-piece orchestra. God I hope there is alcohol being served. Why didn't I think of this???
7. El Pasado Nunca Se Termina World Premiere of a New Mariachi Opera at the Chicago Lyric Opera. This makes me hungry!
6. Richard the Lionheart will have it's U.S. Premiere at Opera Theatre of St. Louis. Total escape!
5. The Manchurian Candidate World Premiere by Minnesota Opera. Looks Juicy!
4. Elmer Gantry at Florentine Opera will get your blood flowing.
3. Salome at Dallas Opera. This is the kind of thing that gets you out of any funk.
2. Kátya Kabanová at Boston Lyric Opera. Just revel in the oppression.
1. The New Production of Cav/Pag at the Met. Immerse yourself in verismo.